Hydraulic pallet truck is warehouse equipment that is quite popular in different industries. But the wheels of pallet trucks wear out quickly due to low-quality floor coating or violation of operating rules. Changing the rollers or wheels is much cheaper than buying a new pallet truck. Pack-Trade company, one of the largest importers of warehouse equipment, as well as spare parts and components, can become your reliable partner and supplier.
How to choose wheels for hydraulic pallet truck: types and features
The steering wheels of the hydraulic pallet truck are responsible for maneuverability and reliability. There are the following types of wheels:
Pack-Trade offers various types of wheels:
• Wheels made of polyamide (nylon). Their main advantages are increased resistance to temperature factors, aggressive chemicals (ammonia, alcohols, oils, salt solutions, oil products), and mechanical stress. Such wheels are suitable when the pallet truck is used in rooms with tiled, concrete, or wooden floors.
• Wheels made of polyurethane. Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use. Noiseless, vibration, and shock-resistant. Before buying polyurethane wheels, you should consider the temperature range of use: from -35° C to + 60 ° C. Could be used in food and chemical warehouses.
• Rubber wheels. Designed for medium loads. Rigid and durable design helps to avoid punctures and cuts. Operating temperature range - from -35 ° C to + 60 ° C.
The choice of wheels for warehouse equipment is mainly determined by the carrying capacity and operating conditions (room, street, flat or abrasive surface, rigid or sliding).
Which rollers are better to buy?
Buying rollers you should take into consideration the floor flatness, temperature indicators of the room, and noiseless operation.
• Polyamide rollers are used on concrete, tiled floor, but they also could be used on uneven surfaces.
• Polyurethane rollers could be used on any surface.
The rollers can also be movable and fixed.
Wheels are one of the most demanded parts in the warehouse. The productivity and durability of warehouse pallet trucks depend on wheels. The range of wheel usage is quite wide: medical and utility equipment, pallet trucks, construction, and agricultural machinery.
It is easy to choose the right industrial wheels if you know 4 selection criteria: 1. Contact layer material. 2. Intended load. 3. Diameter. 4. Mounting support.
In the aggressive environment, polyamide wheels are considered to be hard-wearing, while phenol and cast iron are considered to be heat-resistant. Carrying capacity must be calculated using the formula: (Carried weight + weight of the load device) / (number of wheels - 1 wheel). Industrial wheels can be mounted using a bracket - swivel or non-swivel. Some models are also equipped with a brake.
Call our specialists for qualified assistance.